7:00 AM Thursday, December 28, 2017, Griffith and I were on the road to Indiana to visit Mother.
It was the first visit to Green Hill Manor where she now resides, and I was impressed with the facility and staff.
We sprang Mother out and accomplished the following:
- visited with a family friend, Barb Treado
- lunch at our favorite Chinese eatery in Watseka Illinois
- a brief visit with her three friends from the former nursing facility in Watseka
- some shopping for items she needed for her room
- visiting before her supper arrived
It was a wonderful visit.
We left Fowler at 6:00 PM with a nice, heavy snow shower that subsided by the time we hit US 65-South.
At the last minute, I decided to take US 465 to Meridian Street. If I should need to select a favorite street, it would have to be Indianapolis’ historic Meridian Street.
Griffith was enchanted with the Soldiers and Sailors Monument decked out as the tallest Christmas tree, the Indiana State Capital Building, and City Centre Mall that crosses over several streets.
I do love Indianapolis and have for at least 50 years.
11:40 PM we pulled into the driveway, and once indoors, greeted with tons of barking, yelping, jumping, and wagging tails.
It was a wonderful day, indeed.