MIAGD: make it a great day
Today is FINALIZATION DAY.
In 90 minutes, the legal process begins via telephone.
The weekend seemed to be a springboard for today’s events.
- 5:20 PM: we were already at Muse Machine, signing in for Griffith’s audition at 5:35 PM
- I got to see Ann, Doug, and Lula, and Griffith had a fantastic audition
- 6:00 PM: dinner at Uno’s with Karen McLain, Tom & Connie Edwards, Colin (my student) the Kress women, and Linda Utt. Griffith joined us after he completed his dance audition.
- 8:00 PM The Human Race Theatre Company’s most excellent production, SWEENEY TODD
- 11:00 AM: The Firebird Cross Country Invitational where a number of my students were running
- Errands and organizing the study
- Chatted with Mother
- 7:30 PM: an interesting production of CAMELOT at Dayton PLayhouse
- 12:00 PM: prepped a student for Muse Machine audition
- 1:00 PM: out the door for traditional DBF (day before finalization); Griffith, unlike his predecessors on their DBFs, selected the Far East Center which is actually a grocery for items from Japan, China, India, Thailand, and other far eastern cultures; this was, perhaps, the most unique DBF choice, but he was excited to get several beautiful Asian plates, some chop sticks, and candy.
- We were right around the corner from Eastwood Metropark where they were holding OUTDOOR ADVENTURE, a fantastic event with lots to do and see, and tons of participation. We got to see family friends Jenn, Deidre, River, Marian, and Dalton.
- An early dinner, and relaxing at home finished out the evening.
And, now, it is Monday, and we are preparing for the big event.
Friday, as we stopped in an attorney’s office to have some papers notarized, Griffith had to sign his birth name for the final time. In a short while, the adoption court hearing will begin.
No matter the range of your own day’s excitement, make it a great day!