The weekend is winding down, but not without one more event this morning before the teaching week resumes at 2:00 PM.
- Morning appointments and errands
- Chatted with Mother
- Downtown Takes the Stage – a good number of Dayton’s performing arts community members representing current or upcoming events
- Dayton Black Box Theatre Improv rounded out the evening; seriously, folks, Justin Howard and his crew provide some of the best, funniest, and creative entertainment in The Miami Valley
- Ended the evening with three hours on the deck
- Unveiling of the new Lincoln statute on Dayton’s Courthouse Square, commemorating the 1859 speech Lincoln gave on the courthouse steps
- Photographed some of Dayton’s beautiful architecture
- Due to a hefty shower that had been threatening the valley, the Bellbrook marching band contest was cancelled
- Griffith and I went to see the new Tarzan movie, which we really enjoyed
- More organizing and house work
- Ended the evening with more time on the deck
- This morning, the 10th annual Dayton Concours d’Elegance (a fancy ass name for a really cool old car show) with college friends, Linda and Dave Lewis
- Teaching week begins
And, it is birthday week: next Sunday I turn 52 years old.
Let the celebrating begin!